Friday, November 12, 2010

Betsey Johnson Nashville Saved!!!

photo from http://blogs.sun-sentinel.com/features_fashion/files/2010/09/BetseyJohnson.jpg


Last night, and for the second time this week, I hit up Green Hills Mall for a little retail therapy and to attend the grand opening party of retailer Judith Bright (more on that later). I was meandering through the mall, window shopping stores like Louis Vuitton, imagining how delicious one of those bags would look on my arm, when I made my way down to the first floor where you turn the corner at bebe. I was admiring an unusually simple and elegant bebe window display of white tree branches and little red cardinals sitting atop, when I found myself in front of the Betsey Johnson store.

photo from http://0.tqn.com/d/fashion/1/0/n/z/2/76671350_10.jpg
There it was, all pink and frilly and punk and rock-n-roll, and I got a little sad. The adorable sales clerk informed me of a 30% off sale when I walked in the door, as I began to graze my fingers over black chiffon dresses I have no reason to wear. I made my most pitiful sad face, telling him I was sorry the store would be closing at the end of the month and I would miss Betsey Johnson. That’s when he informed me that actually, no, Betsey Johnson was NOT leaving Nashville. I probably looked like a cast member of Legally Blonde when I stumped him with my eloquent response of “huhhhhh????” (pretty impressive response, I know). The clerk said that from the help of the store sales staff, Green Hill Mall management, and YOUR support, the higher-ups decided to keep Betsey Johnson in Nashville!

photo from http://prommafia.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/03/betsey-johnson.JPG

Now, here’s the scoop. BJ will stay in Green Hills Mall until at least January 31, 2011. This means you still have time to score big for Christmas and buy me a really cute dress to wear to my work Holiday party. After the 31st, BJ plans to stay in Nashville, but the location is pending. The store may relocate to another mall, but we’ll have to stay tuned to see where the beloved store re-plants its pink feet!





BJ's newest collection.
photos from wgsn

Click here for original article on store closing.

No comments:

Post a Comment