Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Retailer Highlight: Fire Finch Boutique

Last Thursday I attended the Hillsboro Art of the Village & Sidewalk Sale. It wasn’t much of an art crawl (like you think of the downtown art crawl) as it was an excuse to increase customer patronage at the hipster shops of Hillsboro Village with the allure of local art, live music, cheese trays, and free wine. And I’m not going to lie, I was allured. So, I grabbed my vintage boston bag, threw on my ridiculous House of Holland t-shirt, topshop skinny jeans, a pair of Dolce Vita kicks, and perused the local retail offerings. Participating stores included Posh Boutique, A Village of Flowers, Pangea, See Eyewear, The Clothing X Change, Social Graces, and Fire Finch.




Fire Finch is one of my favorite spots to pick up some unique jewelry and gifts at reasonable prices. The small store is filled with goodies including bracelets, necklaces, earrings, rings and brooches, cute clothing, shoes, sunglasses, books, delicious smelling candles, adorable feathered hats, hand-made cards, and more. One of my favorite aspects of the store is the charming visual merchandising and rotating and delightful window displays. This past one was adorned with bright colored fabric strips and a cuddly cat purring on the ledge. I love the idea of pets in a store; it just adds to the homey feeling of an establishment.

Carrying brands like Deux Lux, AJ Morgan, Tulle, Thistle Farms, Kobo, Voluspa, Tano, Anna Maria, and more, you are sure to find a treasure or two.



Here’s what people are saying about Fire Finch:

“Eclectic, primitive-style artwork and other interesting, upscale gift items are sold in this atmospheric store. And yes, you might see a finch or two, too. A second location opened in 2007 in Printer's Alley downtown. It's at 305 Church St.” –Anonymous

“A few years back, Fire Finch was twice its current size. When they downsized, I worried that the store would lose some of its treasure-hunt potential. Well, the space is smaller, but it's just as richly packed. Beautiful, well-crafted designer pieces mingle with unique creations by local artists; quirky baby gifts sit side-by-side with nice and well-priced pashminas, and the sale wrack at the back accompanies an assortment of hand-crafted, clever cards and stationary. Bravo to the buyers running Fire Finch!” –Chablis

“I love this place. Every time I enter it's like I've never been there before, because there's so much new and exciting stuff to look at. I love their selection of jewelry, some a little pricey, but beautiful nonetheless. Very unique and trendy clothes, along with great kitschy dinnerware and cute stationary. Tons of accessories including shoes, hats, scarves, and belts.” –Elizabeth Grace

“This store has the most amazing jewelry! I have never seen such a variety of styles and prices! I got an amazing pair of chandelier earrings for $19 and I splurged and bought a stellar necklace for $129. Trust me the necklace was way worth it! Great gifts too and very edited but interesting clothes for women. Lusting after a leather purse for next time! A must shop in Nashville!” –Asseret

Reviews from http://nashville.citysearch.com/review/34131378?reviewId=19811321


Pictures from http://www.firefinch.net/index.html

No comments:

Post a Comment