Monday, January 3, 2011

Happy 2011, Nashville!!

Happy 2011, Nashville!!

Obviously it’s been a while since my last entry. This latest holiday break is literally the only two weeks of the year I don’t have work or school (with a mismatched work/school schedule, every time I get a break from work, it’s time for school finals week L), so I decided to really take some time off. I spend the last two weeks recuperating from an insanely hectic year by spending some quality time at home, reading, shopping, sipping wine with friends, and watching more bad movies than I’d like to admit. But now it’s back to the grind of my daily life and a return to Nashville Fashion Blog!
New Years is always a time for new beginnings and resolutions to change for the better. My fashion resolution this year is to do more! That’s it, and it’s that simple. Get out more. Explore more. Make more connections. Attend more events. Have more fashion fun. It’s easy to get bogged down by the every day. I’ll be the first to admit that after a long day of work and homework looming at the end of the night, the idea of dolling myself up to attend a fashion show or event party isn’t exactly appealing. But it’s important to muster up the fashionista side of myself to get out there more in our darling city. There are still boutiques I’ve never been to and more I can do to get both myself and my students involved in local happenings. Contribution to the growth and development of the Nashville fashion scene can be done by everybody, but it can only be done by a unity of the masses. I challenge you this year to get out, do more, make more connections, and have fun. I’ve got some exciting things planned…. get ready.

No comments:

Post a Comment