Tuesday, May 3, 2011

5th Annual Country Weekly Fashion Show & Concert: June 7, 2011


The 5th Annual Country Weekly Fashion Show & Concert will take place Tuesday, June 7, 2011 at Rocketown. The event benefits Musicians On Call, a nonprofit organization that brings live and recorded music to patients in healthcare facilities. Doors open at 8:00 PM and the show starts at 9:00 PM. General admission tickets are $30 and can be purchased here; VIP tickets are $75 to $125 and can be purchased here. This years sponsors include Wrangler, Durango, Roper, U by Kotex (huh????) and Flavour Clothing. No details yet on the musicians or fashion.


Shortly after moving to Nashville, I actually attended one of these events. I've always attested that I'm not a country music fan, but figuring since I now lived in the haven for country music, I'd check out a fashion show featuring country looks and musicians. The event was held at the Wildhorse Saloon (yup, that was the only time I've been to that establishment) and I was in the second row of about a thousand adoring fans. I was under the impression this was a fashion show, but not so much. It's really all about country music artists strutting their stuff on the runway and screaming fans losing their cool. In all honesty, the 2009 event wasn't bad, it just wasn't my thing. Maybe if I had known the popular CMT host, the Dancing With The Stars co-host, or any musician / celebrity other than Wolf from American Gladiator, I think I would have enjoyed this. That being said, I don't anticipate attending this event, but if country stars are your thing, I suggest you check it out.

I think these people are country famous? But this is a pic from the 2009 show.


No comments:

Post a Comment