Friday, March 9, 2012

Friday Five

Five things, Nashville and beyond, that I'm currently trending...


1. The Robinson Satchel by Tory Burch


I have been searching for years and finally found it- the absolute perfect handbag. Simplistic in design, this quality handbag offers limited frills and lacks a faddish quality that would render it outdated. Classic, clean, and wearable with a multitude of ensembles, this, my dear readers, is my dream handbag. Perfect in size, shape, and created from durable and lasting materials, I am waiting for the day when this will be draping from the crook of my arm. I need this bag.


Named for Tory's parents, Reva and Buddy Robinson, the Robinson Satchel, made from the highest quality scratch-resistant Italian leather, is the ultimate everyday carryall. The chic, roomy shape features plenty of pockets for organizing essentials, while the over-the-shoulder strap allows for easy on-the-go access. - $550.


I'm never one to shy away from a well-deserved sweet treat. Recently I discovered the newly-opened Blue Velvet Cupcakes, located in Antioch, TN. I had a chance to stop by this darling little gem and treat myself to a few of their local goods. With a consistent rotation of flavors, you're guaranteed to find something new and that you'll love every visit. 

The tangerine cupcake was light, airy, fluffy, and delicious. 

 You'll be dreaming of summer bonfires in no time with this delicious s'mores cupcake.


3. Cocktails at Wantabe
In an effort to fine-tune their menu, sushi and asian cuisine restaurant Wantabe recently held a cocktail tasting, which I was more than happy to be a part of! Sometimes a girl just needs a dragon roll and drink in hand.



4. Fashion for a Fraction
I'm always down for a charitable cause..




5. The I Styled Me Fashion Show
Last night I had the honor of guest judging this Goodwill-inspired thrift store styling competition of local high school students. As I was on stage most of the evening, I didn't have an opportunity to snap any photos, but I'm sure they'll be floating around soon. 

All of the student models and looks were great, and I could tell the students put forth a lot of effort with their ensembles and had tons of fun. All proceeds from the event went back to the schools. Great cause.


No comments:

Post a Comment