Tuesday, January 24, 2012

I'm baaaccccckkkkkkk....


That’s right. Here I am. And I owe you an apology. I had previously mentioned that I would be taking a little blogging time off while I was on vacation; I had not anticipated my sabbatical would be so long! Over the past few weeks I spent a significant amount of time away from Nashville. I went to Washington, DC for a while to visit a friend, do a little shopping at H&M and Zara, dine on delectable treats, and sip artfully prepared cocktails at local bars. I spent most of my time in Kentucky, transplanting from Louisville to Lexington for down time with my family, and a rowdy New Years with friends.

For those of you who know me personally, you know that my life is always busy and always constant. Between my full-time job as a fashion professor / department leader, and full-time status as a Doctorial student, I rarely get free time. Christmas break is the only time in the entire year I get a true vacation, so when it finally comes around, I have a tendency to drop off the face of the interwebs. It’s taken me a while to get back into the swing of blogging, as my full-time life is becoming much more demanding.

I’m teaching a new class this quarter on fashion forecasting/fashion styling, and revamping both my fashion drawing and market research courses. I couldn’t be happier with my darling and enthusiastic students who make my job so enjoyable. Additionally, after my current class on qualitative research, I only have one more Doctorial course to take before I begin the daunting process of Dissertation research. Overall and like always, I’m busy.

But I’ve missed immersing myself into the Nashville fashion scene the past month and plan to promptly dive back in. Now.

Thank you for your patience while I have been regrouping, and stay tuned!

-Amber C.
Nashville Fashion Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment