Monday, October 4, 2010

Event Review: Fanny's Vintage Clothing Sale

photo from http://eastnashvilleblog.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/04/fannys-house-of-music.jpg

Have you ever noticed that when you get sick the only things that really matter in your life include your bed, a hot cup of Chicken Noodle soup, and about a gallon of Gatorade? Well, that’s been my life for about the past week. The brutal head cold of 2010 debilitated my existence for the past week, and as a result my boxes of Kleenex took precedence over any sort of event attendance or blogging. With that being said, I did manage to get out of my comfy pajamas for about an hour on Saturday to attend Fanny’s House of Music Vintage Yard Sale. I had previously blogged about this event with great anticipation, and I’m glad I was able to make it out.
photo from http://blog.globalyp.net/wp-content/uploads/2009/06/Blu-Vintage-Boutique.jpg

In the backyard of Fanny’s about seven or so venders set up several tables and racks filled with tons of vintage goodies. Mostly clothes, shoes, and accessories were being sold. Upon arrival of the first booth, I can’t help by admit that I loved the ambiance of the event. You know when you go to a huge flea market and after hours of sorting through rows of old McDonald’s toys, WWII memorabilia, pound puppies, and old VHS tapes you stumble upon that one booth of hip finds you fall in love with? Fanny’s event was like that one booth. Only multiplied into several booths. And no junk in between.

photo from http://cdn4.lookbook.nu/files/looks/medium/137483_2.jpg?1234889605

The event was scheduled to last from 10 – 6, and I arrived shortly after 11:00 am. By the time I got there, about ten fashionable hipsters were pursuing the racks of clothes and fingering the unique jewelry. Several of my friends went at different time points, so I’m sure there was a steady crowd most of the day.
I managed to make out with some great finds, including a ridiculously amazing lion pendant necklace that I can’t wait to pair with some super casual t-shirt to add that extra umph to the outfit.
All in all, I had a lot of fun at this event, and anticipate Fanny’s will soon put together another.
photo from http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1350/1230680679_6fce2925eb.jpg?v=0

No comments:

Post a Comment